Monday, November 7, 2011

L.A. Buns

I used to live in West Hollywood. I am man enough to admit this. While I lived there I was fortunate to live next to one of the best car wash places in the city. But more importantly on the corner next to the car wash is a hidden gem called L.A. Buns. This is a cash only shack serving burgers, hot dogs and Mexican food. There were plenty of football Saturday and Sundays were it was very easy to go grab something from the corner rather than cook. Apparently I am on a standard burger run here. It is hard to judge these against the gourmet burgers as the quality of meat is so different. Sometimes you need to eat quick and cheap.
Without any further ado, on to the meat. This is one of my favorite standard burgers. It comes on a standard sesame bun. The meat is cooked on a griddle and is always juicy and seasoned with seasoning salt. The best part about this burger is that they do not skimp on the toppings. It comes with iceberg lettuce, pickles, diced onions, tomato and a slathering of 1000 island dressing. I hadn’t eaten there in a couple of years, which ment that I had to take a bite before taking a picture, but it still lived up to its billing. One of the best standard burgers around.

No comments:

Post a Comment