Thursday, August 5, 2010

8 oz


The latest adventure came for my Dad's birthday. Upon hearing about the blog and all of the great burgers I was eating he decided that he wanted to partake. We decided to try 8 oz. Burger Bar. Originally started in Miami, 8 oz. is a perfect fit in Los Angeles. The place is unassuming and low key. There is a great selection of local beers and friendly wait staff. We even had a celebrity sighting in one Luke Wilson. The owner was also circling around and stopped to chat with us. He was very passionate about his food and the quality of his restaurant. He also mentioned there is a good chance of more locations around the country and the city.



 
Now on to the meat! I ordered the Melrose which comes with arugula, garlic roasted tomatoes and red onion marmalade. The meat was perfectly cooked and juicy. The peppery arugula worked in perfect harmony with the sweet red onion marmalade and tomatoes. The best part of the burger is the red onion marmalade. It doesn't overwhelm the burger and the rest of the condiments. When you go, and you will go, you must try the fried olives and the truffle potato skins. They are amazing.


 
I may get some flak for this but I think I liked it better than Father's Office. As stated before I think I need to go back to Father's Office but in Santa Monica for a fair comparison.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment