Monday, June 20, 2011

BRÜ Haus

BRÜ Haus is a new gastro pub in Brentwood. I heard about it from my coworker Kien because his friend is the head chef. We had been waiting a while for this place to open because we had a sort of connection and we are always looking for somewhere to go to grab a drink and a bite after work. Unfortunately there are no special happy hour prices, but overall the food and drinks were not overly expensive. The place has a great vibe and got pretty busy around 7 PM the Friday we were there. They do specialize in German-style beers and sausages with all sorts of varieties to choose from which is very similar to Wurstküche downtown. Setting BRÜ Haus apart a bit is the better location and the fact that they server a burger along with the sausages.
Speaking of the burger (look I’ve learned how to transition), I tried it on my first stop in. The overall presentation is very nice and it looks like a good hearty burger. The first thing I noticed was that the brioche bun resembled that of the bun at Umami. If you remember my view of this bun, I was not pleased. This bun did not change my mind. It was very tasty and had a good texture, but overall it was way too greasy and made me not want to pick up the burger. The meat was cooked well although it was probably cooked a little past medium, but was still very juicy and flavorful. The burger came topped with butter lettuce and very ripe tomatoes. The menu said it came with gruyere cheese, but it tasted more like American cheese to me. It also came with a homemade sauce they called 1K. Seemed like a take on thousand island and it worked very well with the rest of the burger. I got the burger with fries and there was a special spicy mayo that is very good on burger as well.


Overall this burger is very good and I recommend it highly. I just hope they think about switching out the bun for a less greasy brioche or maybe a pretzel roll since it is a German-style pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment