Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Father’s Office


When thinking about gourmet burgers in Los Angeles, most Angelinos would immediately think of Father's Office. There are two locations, the original being in Santa Monica with a second one in Culver City. Our visit for the purposes if this adventure we visited the Culver City location. Neither location is open for lunch, which is a shame because there is no better lunch than a good burger and fries. The burger at Father's Office is only made one way, their way. No substitutions available. It comes with caramelized onions, bacon, a blend of blue and gruyere cheese, topped with arugula. It is just about perfection on a bun. Perfectly cooked meat smothered in caramelized onions and melted cheese.


 

I had very high expectations as this was always touted as the best burger in LA. Truth be told, I came away feeling a little disappointed. While the patty was good and the arugula was the perfect complement, I had a hard time tasting the gruyere and blue cheeses over the caramelized onions. As a lover of blue cheese, I wish the flavor came through more. I am hoping this was an off night and maybe a second visit would prove to alleviate some of the disappointment. I have also heard the Santa Monica location serves the better burger but is also more crowded. Next time we will fight the crowds to see if there is a difference.


3 comments:

  1. Ranked it second best in all of LA after being disappointed? Are you just ranking these where you think others would like to see them? Your second best burger in LA was a disappointment, everything else below it on that list was a disappointment too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I stated in the post, I had very high expectations for this burger. This was also the first burger I reviewed and therefore have not had any others that were better than it other than the Foundry. I also think I may need to go back since it has been almost 2 years since I last tried the burger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time for round 2! I need to go back soon!

    ReplyDelete