Monday, October 29, 2012

Smithfield

Post number 2 from New York is for a place called Smithfield. Now this was not on the list of recommendations I received, but I was just looking for a place close to my hotel in Chelsea to watch a game and grab a bite to eat. After looking at some reviews, I decided to checkout Smithfield. After asking around later, not many people I know knew this place even existed. I think it is more of a soccer bar, but it did just fine to watch some American football. The bar was pretty full and happening when I got there. It seemed to full of regulars and everyone seemed to kind of know everyone else around the bar. In what seems to be a theme from my trip, the fries here were also very good.
Now for the surprising part of the post. I think this might have been my favorite burger on my trip. They grind the meat in house. The blend is brisket, short rib and sirloin and it was delicious. I ordered the Black & Blue burger. As I said, the meat was very flavorful and really showed through the rest of the ingredients. The bun was a brioche style bun, but was not overly greasy. The bottom bun did get really soggy from the juices. The burger came topped with Maytag blue cheese, pickled red onions, baby greens and mini pickled cucumbers. All in all, this was a surprisingly good burger.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Paul - My name is Rebecca and I work for a TV production company that's partnering with a major cable network to work on a new project about innovative burgers. I came across your awesome burger blog during my research, and was hoping to see if I could pick your brain about the best little or totally unknown burgers in the Los Angeles area. We're looking to bring the most unique underground burgers out of the woodwork. Amateurs or professionals - we seek anyone with an amazing unsung burger creation. If you have any suggestions or leads I'd love to hear them! I can be reached via email at rebecca.hilton@papernyentertainment.com. I'd love to hear from you and tell you a little more about the project and what we're looking for!

    -Rebecca

    ReplyDelete