Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Foundry


So here we are at last. The Foundry is #1 on the list. Chef Eric Greenspan has created a great place to go for good food and a great time. He walks around, greets the customers and makes everyone feel welcome. Our waitress Stacy was also fantastic. She was playful and all about our burger adventure asking us where we thought the best burgers are and gave us the run down on the burger there.







 
Speaking of the burger at the Foundry, I have eaten it once before. The first time I had this burger it knocked my socks off. The burger comes open with melted cheddar cheese coating the patty and arugula, baby cucumbers and sun-dried tomatoes. On the side are three dishes used to top your burger. The first is a homemade aioli. The second is caramelized onions. The last is the bacon pineapple relish. All of these components, while they seem odd and different, work together well on the burger. The real show stopper here is the lightly toasted Hawaiian bread used for the rolls. The roll is sweet and soft and works as a texture against the onions, relish, cucumbers and meat. 


I have eaten at three places mentioned, including the top two, on the original list. So far I agree with the LAist. The Foundry burger is so unique and well put together; I feel it deserves its own category. There are many more places to go. We are always looking for suggestions as well and your thoughts on your favorite burger. Go eat and report back!

3 comments:

  1. I certainly hope that the 'Valley' Burger Mecca is on the list: The Hickory with Chili and Cheese at the Munch Box in Chatsworth.

    More on topic: This is a fun blog Paul. I love a good burger and can't wait to try some of these when I make it back to LA, one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. I'm a little closer to wanting a burger. Hawaiian bread definitely helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I finally read this review. I want the burger stat!
    > Kien

    ReplyDelete