Monday, January 3, 2011

Roam Artisan Burger

I was up in San Francisco for my cousin's first birthday and so it was the perfect time for an Adventure outside of Burgerland. I have been in contact with the Best Burger in SF blogger and decided to go to the only place she gave 5 out of 5 stars, Roam Artisan Burger. We decided to make this a family outing. Roam Artisan is an interesting place. It has the feel of a bar and a great place to hang out. The issue I had was that it was run like a fast food restaurant. To order food or drinks you had to go up to the counter and order from the register. Considering we did not all get there at once and were going to order a few rounds of drinks and appetizers, we could not even start a tab. The service was also lacking a bit. They accidentally spilled one of the beers and did not seem to have much initiative in cleaning it up. They also had some issues with the numbers given when we ordered food and it didn't all come out at the same time.






In keeping with my standard of ordering similar burgers, I got the Pacific Blue. At Roam Burger you get to choose the meat. I chose the beef (obviously) and the patty was great but a little on the small side. Unfortunately the great patty was overshadowed by the overly sweet caramelized onions and the blue cheese. The bun was a bit uninspired. The watercress was a great addition. Overall I was not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment