Monday, March 28, 2011

Corkbar


I was downtown at Staples Center for All-Star weekend and decided to stay away from the crowds at LA Live for dinner. I remember by friend Neil (who is supposed to be contributing to this blog) has wanted me to go to Corkbar for a while now, so I gave it a shot. The restaurant is sort of tucked away from downtown on the first floor of an office residential building. It is not very big but has a very foodie vibe. Our waitress was very personable and was knowledgeable about the menu and drink list. They have a good wine list and plenty of microbrews for any taste you might have. The menu is always fairly small and everything looked very good. But, we were there for one reason…


The burger is not huge but was very filling. It comes on challah bread but was not as egg-y as most challahs I have had, which made it a bit like a brioche. Overall, this bun was very good. I thought they could have sliced it to have more on the bottom half but I enjoyed it. It comes topped with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, house-made pickles and roasted tomato burger sauce. Other than the sauce, the toppings were lost in grand scheme of the burger. The reason they are lost is the meat is amazing. I think this was the best burger patty I have had since I started blogging. The waitress told us that the chef grounds the beef for the patties fresh at the restaurant. You really need to go try this burger. It may not be the best all around burger, but the meat is worth the price of admission.

Remember to follow on twitter @bestburgerla.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic burger at the Corkbar. One thing I love about the place is that despite its upscale decor, it has a homely neighborhood bar vibe. Oh, and it's on the ground floor of a residential building, not an office as mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Johnny. Glad to hear you agree and thanks for the correction. I totally thought it was an office building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that at my 30th bday party! We ordered mini sliders and a bunch of mini stuff for everyone to munch on. Love that place! Did you try the gouregeres? (spelling?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No we just had the burger. Everything else looked so good I may have to go back.

    ReplyDelete